The main active component of the drug belongs to the bacteriostatic antibiotics of the tetracycline series. click here The mechanism of action of the drug is aimed at disrupting the processes of protein production in the cells of pathogenic microflora.
Tetracycline actively destroys gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms: Streptococcus spp., Francisella tularensis, Listeria spp., Yersinia pestis, Bacillus anthracis., Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus ducreyi, Bordetella pertussis, Enterobactpppppppp. Spp. Spp. , Herella spp., Bacteroides spp ... Vibrio comma. Vibrio fetus, Bartonella bacilliformis, Staphylococcus spp., Borrelia burgdorferi. Brucella species, Escherichia coli, Shigella spp..
In cases where the patient has contraindications to the use of antibiotic agents belonging to the penicillin group, Tetracycline is often used to combat Clostridium spp., Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Actinomyces spp., Mycoplasma spp., Rickettsia spp., Chlamydia spp., Plasmodium falciparum, Treponema spp..
Resistance to such an antibiotic as Tetracycline has the following bacteria: Pseudomoivas aeruginosa, Proteus spp., Serratia spp., A large number of Bacteroides spp. Strains, streptococci beta-hemolytic type, which are part of group A.
Release form, composition
Tetracycline is available in tablets for internal use and as an ointment for external use
Tetracycline hydrochloride tablets are round biconvex. Covered with a pink film coating. The main active ingredient is tetracycline. One tablet contains 100 milligrams of the main substance. Other substances are also present in them: calcium stearate, croscarmellose sodium, macrogol, talc, titanium dioxide, microcrystalline cellulose, polyvinyl alcohol.
Tablets are packed in 10 pieces in a blister. In a cardboard box there are two blisters and instructions for using the product.
- In 1945, the first representative of tetracycline antibiotics, chlortetracycline (trade names aureomycin, biomycin) was discovered, it was isolated from the culture fluid of the radiant fungus Streptomyces aureofaciens. The first experimental and clinical work characterizing the activity dates back to 1948.
- In 1949, oxytetracycline (terramycin) was discovered; it was isolated from the culture fluid of another Streptomyces rimosus actinomycete. In medical practice, they began to use in 1950.
- In 1952, a semi-synthetic antibiotic tetracycline was obtained by reductive dehalogenation of chlortetracycline. In 1953, Streptomyces aureofaciens was isolated from the culture fluid..
From what Tetracycline, found out. http://www.rxlist.com/consumer_tetracycline_sumycin_actisite/drugs-condition.htm But tablets are not always suitable for the patient due to certain medical history. In this case, an analogue is selected for treatment that has the same active substance or other components in its composition, but gives a similar therapeutic result.
More about analogues:
- Levomycetin. Tablets are prescribed for infectious diseases, including the skin, which are caused by pathogenic microorganisms sensitive to the antibiotic. Also used for boils, bedsores, trophic ulcers, infected burns. Contraindications: intolerance, impaired kidney and liver function, acute form of intermittent porphyria.
- Zoflox in tablets is recommended for various infections of the skin and soft tissues. Contraindications: epilepsy, uncompensated hypoglycemia, hypersensitivity, simultaneous use with other antibiotics, inflammatory diseases of the brain. The remedy has many side effects, therefore it is not recommended to engage in self-treatment.
- Oletetrin is a combined antibacterial drug. The composition contains two active components - tetracycline hydrochloride and oleandomycin. Take pills for purulent and infectious lesions of the skin, mucous membranes, soft tissues. You can not drink tablets during pregnancy, breastfeeding, with problems with the kidneys and liver. Do not give to children under 8 years old.
Important: Tetracycline substitute is selected only by the doctor. Analogs have many side effects. The most common negative phenomena include pain in the epigastric region, digestive disorders (nausea, loose stools, vomiting), candidiasis of the mucous membranes.
Tetracycline is an effective and inexpensive medicine prescribed for the treatment of acne, acne, furunculosis, eczema and other skin diseases. You can buy pills at the pharmacy, the price is $ 1.3.