- infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to doxycycline, including infections of the respiratory system and ENT organs; - gastrointestinal tract infections; - purulent infections of the skin and soft tissues (including acne); - infections of the genitourinary system (including gonorrhea, primary and secondary syphilis); - typhus, brucellosis, rickettsiosis, osteomyelitis, trachoma, chlamydia
Take inside. Cheap doxycycline Typically, in adults and children over 12 years of age with a body weight of more than 45 kg, the daily dose is 200 mg on the first day (divided into 2 doses - 100 mg 2 times a day), then 100 mg per day.
- In chronic infections of the urinary system, 200 mg per day is prescribed throughout the entire period of therapy..
- In the treatment of syphilis, take 300 mg per day, a course of at least 10 days.
- In the treatment of gonorrhea, one of the following schemes is prescribed: acute uncomplicated urethritis - course dose of 500 mg (1 dose - 300 mg, the next 2 doses - 100 mg every 6 hours) or 100 mg per day until complete cure (in women) or 100 mg 2 times a day for 7 days (in men). In complicated forms of gonorrhea, the course dose is 800-900 mg, in 6-7 doses (300 mg - 1 dose, then with an interval of 6 hours for 5-6 subsequent).
- Uncomplicated infections of the urethra, cervix and rectum caused by Chlamydia trachomatis: 100 mg 2 times a day for at least 7 days.
- Male genital infections: 100 mg 2 times a day, 4 weeks course. Treatment of chloroquine-resistant malaria: 200 mg per day for 7 days (in combination with schizontocidal drugs - quinine). For the prevention of malaria: 100 mg once a day 1-2 days before the trip, after which daily during the trip and for 4 weeks after return;
- Diarrhea of "travelers" (prevention): 200 mg on the first day of the trip (for 1 dose or 100 mg 2 times a day), 100 mg 1 time per day throughout the stay in the region (no more than 3 weeks).
- Therapy of leptospirosis: 100 mg orally 2 times a day for 7 days. For the prevention of leptospirosis: 200 mg once a week during a stay in a disadvantaged area and 200 mg at the end of the trip.
- Prevention of infections after medical abortion: 100 mg 1 hour before abortion and 200 mg 30 minutes after it.
- With acne, 100 mg per day is prescribed, a course of 6-12 weeks.
The maximum daily dose for adults is 300 mg per day. In severe gonococcal infections - 600 mg per day.
How to take doxycycline
According to the instructions, the antibiotic Doxycycline in the form of tablets is taken orally:
- For patients over 12 years old with body weight above 45 kg, the average daily dose is 200 mg on the first day (for 2 doses of 100) and 100 mg in the following.
- In chronic infections of the urinary system, 200 mg per day is prescribed throughout the treatment period..
- For the prevention or treatment of travelers' diarrhea, 200 mg is prescribed on the first day of the trip and 100 mg per day for the entire remaining time in the dangerous region, but no longer than three consecutive weeks.
- For the treatment of leptospirosis, 100 mg is prescribed twice a day for a weekly course, and for the prevention of the disease, 200 are prescribed once a week for a stay in a dangerous region and 200 at the end of the trip.
- Treatment for malaria syndrome is carried out using 200 mg of the drug per day for a weekly course. http://www.rxlist.com/consumer_doxycycline/drugs-condition.htm At the same time, quinine or other schizontocidal drugs should be taken..
- For the prevention of malaria, 100 mg is prescribed once a day 1-2 days before the trip, then every day and for a month after returning home.
The maximum daily dose for adult patients is 300 per day or 600 mg per day, but not more than five consecutive days. With liver failure, the dose of the drug is reduced in order to avoid the accumulation of the active component in the body and the development of hepatotoxicity. Parenteral administration of the drug is also indicated in cases where oral administration is difficult or it is necessary to create a high concentration of antibiotic in the blood and tissues. The average daily adult dose of the drug is 200 mg once a day or 100 every 12 hours.
Intravenous administration lasts 3-5 days, if necessary, is extended to a week. Then the patients are transferred to the use of tablets. For children over 8 years of age, the dose is calculated as 4 mg / kg of weight in 1–2 administrations, then 2–4 mg / kg of body weight. Doxycycline lyophilisate for intravenous infusion should be diluted in two stages:
- The contents of the vial are mixed with 10 ml of sterile water or saline..
- The resulting solution is mixed with 250-500 ml of one of the solutions: 0.9% sodium chloride, 5% dextrose (glucose).
- Spend infusion for 1–4 hours at a rate of 70 drops per minute.